Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet Dreams Caitlin


Today I had the pleasure of spending the morning with the McGowan family.  It was an action packed couple of hours.  Not only did I get to hunt for snails and centipedes with Liam, but I also had the chance to photograph one precious little newborn - Caitlin. 


After family pictures under the Dogwood blossoms, climbing trees, digging in the dirt, playing with the dog, squinting in the sun and quality baby sister time...mom and I retreated to Caitlin's nursery and waited for her to fall asleep. 


We waited...eyes wide open, we waited...hiccups, we waited...cold little toes, we waited as 5, 10, 20 minutes went by...and...then her little eyelids dropped.  Quickly we undressed her, redressed her, posed her sweet little feet, changed headbands and bows and ribbons, moved her from couch to mom to blanket to mom again...and just before she woke up...the shoot was complete.  I'm sure as soon as I left, she slept for hours!  I had a great time, and couldn't have asked for a better newborn and family to spend my Sunday morning with.  After all, I got to practice patience and good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment