Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bubbles

Last Wednesday evening, a good friend of mine brought me a bottle of bubbles.  As she handed it to me, she told me that one of her preschool students had brought it to school and instructed her to give it to someone whom she loved.  Despite the obvious age limit marked on the bottle and the princess wands that came with it, I was touched. 

I took my bubbles home that night and looked at them, chuckling...considering which neighborhood child I would regift them to.  When I got home on Thursday afternoon it was beautiful outside - a perfect day for pictures.  I grabbed my camera bag and headed out in search of adventure.  After snapping a few photos, my battery light began to blink and my adventure was over as quickly as it had begun.  On my way home I remembered my bubbles...I started to wonder how the sunlight would play against the iridescent spheres. 

While my battery charged, I poured a thick puddle of liquid soap into the small pink tray.  A new adventure then ensued.  I carefully selected an intricate castle shaped wand and gently blew into the air.  With each dip, a new shape, a new color, a new pattern, a new reflection.  Once my camera was thinly coated in soapy residue, I twisted the lid back on...feeling intrigued, imaginative, inspired.   

No comments:

Post a Comment